evokeAG. Startup Alley, powered by Syngenta, is set to make a return at evokeAG. 2024 in Perth on 20-21 February 2024.
Showcasing the most innovative and exceptional startups in agrifood tech, this dynamic platform serves as a launchpad for both local and international startups to demonstrate their technology. It’s a stage where technology and innovation converge to tackle pressing global challenges within our agrifood system.
Thanks to the valued partnership with Syngenta, evokeAG. 2024 will feature 40 innovative businesses, including those selected to participate in the Culinary Capital dinner and the AgriFutures AgXelerate program. Together, they will unveil diverse solutions to event-goers over the course of the two-day event.
Applications have now closed for Startup Alley at evokeAG. 2024. We look forward to announcing the successful startups and scaleups in due course.
evokeAG. 2024 in Perth will introduce a new, exciting addition to Startup Alley, the Startup Demo area. Ten companies from Startup Alley will have the opportunity to showcase their technologies in real time, via live demonstrations and immersive experiences for delegates. This interactive element seeks to increase engagement with investors, customers and event-goers to drive further investment and partnership opportunities. The Startup Demo area will be located within the Exhibition Hub. It includes a stage and screens, and will be activated during the evokeAG. program breaks.
Who can apply?
Startup Alley applications are open to both Australian and international agrifood tech startups, who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a registered business (can be registered internationally)
- Must have an exceptional agrifood tech and/or innovation product to show at the event
- Innovation must be solving local and/or global agricultural challenges
- Previous evokeAG. Startup Alley participants are eligible to apply, however they must demonstrate how their business has evolved since last exhibiting at the event
- Must have read and understood the evokeAG. Startup Program Terms & Conditions.
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional innovation and technology: Startups and scaleups must demonstrate exceptional technologies and solutions that have the potential to revolutionise the agrifood sector. Their innovations should address global challenges and contribute to positive change in the industry. The focus sectors include but are not limited to agritech, foodtech, spacetech, climatetech, and sustainability. Companies must be able to demonstrate how their technology has an Exceptional Edge over others in the market.
- Stage of development: Companies should be in the early to growth stages of development. This includes startups and scaleups that have a minimum viable product (MVP) or proof of concept and are actively seeking commercialisation or scaling opportunities. Preference may be given to companies with a clear roadmap for product development, market penetration, and growth.
- Market potential: Applicants must demonstrate a strong market potential for their innovations. This includes a clear understanding of the target market, customers, and competitive landscape. Startups should provide evidence of market demand and the potential for scalability and profitability.
- Demonstrable impact: Startups should showcase how their innovations contribute to positive change in the agrifood sector. This could be through improving sustainability, increasing efficiency, enhancing food safety, addressing food security, or driving environmental and social impact.
- Global reach: The program is open to both local and international startups. Companies from all geographical locations are encouraged to apply, as long as their innovations have the potential to make a meaningful impact on the global agrifood sector.
What will you receive?
- 1 x startup station at evokeAG. 2024: Each participating company will receive one dedicated station within the Startup Alley exhibition area. The branded station will provide power, desk space for product displays allowing startups to showcase their innovations effectively.
- 2 x evokeAG. 2024 tickets: Each company will be provided with two full-access tickets to the two-day evokeAG. 2024 event.
- 2 x evokeAG. Welcome Event tickets: The evokeAG. Welcome Event will be held at the Royal Perth Yacht Club on Monday, 19 February 2024. This event offers an exclusive opportunity to connect with fellow delegates and Startup Alley participants in a relaxed and social setting. The Welcome Event serves as a valuable networking platform.
- 2 x Founders Lunch invitations: Join the Startup Alley cohort at the evokeAG. Founders Lunch on Thursday, 22 February in Perth for an opportunity to wind down and connect with your fellow cohort over a casual long lunch.
- 3 x nights’ accommodation: To ensure a seamless experience for participating companies, the program will cover the cost of three nights of accommodation for two team members. The accommodation will be conveniently located near the event venue, providing startups with a comfortable and convenient stay during the evokeAG. 2024 event. Companies will need to pay their own airfares and transfers.
- Featured on growAG.: Each participating company will be featured on the AgriFutures growAG. platform – a premier online resource that showcases innovative agrifood tech and innovation. This comprehensive resource connects industry stakeholders, investors, and potential partners with our startups.
- evokeAG. Startup Alumni: By participating in Startup Alley, each company becomes a member of the evokeAG. Startup Alumni. This program offers post-event support initiatives, including access to sponsorship opportunities for agrifood tech events and mentorship opportunities. Being part of the alumni community provides ongoing support and networking opportunities for continued growth and development.
- Monday, 18 September 2023: Applications open at 9.00am AEST
- Monday, 23 October 2023: Applications close at 11.59pm AEDT
- Thursday, 9 November 2023: Successful participants advised
- Monday, 4 December 2023: Public announcement
- Monday, 19 February 2024 : Bump-in for Startup Alley
- Tuesday, 20 February – Wednesday, 21 February 2024: evokeAG. 2024
- Thursday, 22 February 2024: Founders Lunch.
Applications open Monday, 18 September 2023 and will close at 11.59pm AEDT on Monday, 29 October 2023.
If you have any further questions about the application process or evokeAG. Startup Program, please contact Dallas Pearce. evokeAG. Manager via [email protected].