Go West: Perth announced as host city for AgriFutures evokeAG. 2024
Following a sell-out 2023 event in Adelaide, evokeAG. organiser AgriFutures Australia in partnership with the Western Australian Government has announced the event will head west in February 2024.
AgriFutures evokeAG. 2024 will take place in Perth on Tuesday, 20 and Wednesday, 21 February at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
evokeAG. is the Asia Pacific region’s premier agrifood tech event. Since 2019, through a two-day event and an online community, AgriFutures Australia has brought together the agrifood tech ecosystem to connect and facilitate collaboration between farmers, innovators, investors, researchers, corporates, and government.
AgriFutures Managing Director, John Harvey, said the decision to move the 2024 event from Melbourne to Perth speaks to the evolution of evokeAG. and reflects the substantial growth of the agrifood tech community.“evokeAG. planned on returning to its roots in 2024 holding the two-day event at the Royal Exhibition Building in Melbourne. However, we had an exceptional response to evokeAG. 2023 with a sell-out event. We now require a venue that can accommodate this demand and regrettably there are no suitable venues in Melbourne, available for our desired dates,” said Mr Harvey.
According to Mr Harvey the ecosystem has become a mainstream area of interest for investors. In 2019 investment into Australian agrifood tech innovation was approximately $90 million USD. At evokeAG. 2023 AgFunder announced that in 2022 that figure had risen to $248 million USD.
“More broadly we’ve seen a higher volume of quality agrifood tech startups emerge – partially because of new talent in the ecosystem – plus increased resources from Government as well as corporates.
“We’re excited to now be in a position to host evokeAG. in Perth in February 2024. There are a number of reasons why West Coast will make a great host state – the proximity to South East Asia, its innovative farmers, a diverse range of industries, strong exporting experience and an established and vibrant agrifood tech innovation community – these are all attributes that will be critical in supporting us to deliver a world-class international event for our domestic and international audiences,” concluded Mr Harvey.
Western Australian Minister for Agriculture and Food; Forestry; Small Business, the Hon Jackie Jarvis MLC said driving innovation and increasing adoption of technology across the agrifood supply chain was a key priority for the Western Australian Government.
“WA food and beverage producers are some of the most innovative in the world. Our State’s strong connection with Asia and our excellent universities means we are well placed to become a hub for agrifood innovation and investment.
“We look forward to evokeAG. 2024 bringing delegates together from around the world and across Australia, to connect and collaborate for the future of our food and farming systems.”
Event details including speakers, startup and investment programs, networking opportunities, and sideline activities will be released in the coming months. Early bird tickets are expected to go on sale in mid-2023.
Keen to be involved in evokeAG. 2024?
- For partnership opportunities please reach out to Clancy Pattinson, Stakeholder Engagement Manager ([email protected])
- Applications for the 2024 evoke Startup Program will open in September 2023.
- Early bird tickets will go on sale in mid-2023. Please register here to receive event news and receive fresh stories about global leaders, farmers, startups and innovators driving collaborative change.
Fast facts from evokeAG. 2023
- 1,600 delegates from 20 countries
- 18% of attendees were farmers
- 90 investors
- 40 startups/scaleups from eight countries in Startup Alley with agrifood tech solutions
- 126 speakers from eight countries
- 30 sideline events at and around evokeAG.
- evoke launched in 2019 and was held in Melbourne, Victoria. Subsequent events were held in Melbourne (2020) and Adelaide (2023).
- evoke 2024 will be held at the Perth Convention Centre on Tuesday, 20 and Wednesday, 21 February 2024. A series of sideline events hosted by AgriFutures Australia and its partners will take place either side of the two-day cornerstone event.
- Since evoke 2019 the annual investment in agrifood tech in Australia has increased from $90 million USD to $248 million USD in 2022.
AgriFutures evokeAG. is powered by AgriFutures Australia and funded by the Australian Government.
AgriFutures evokeAG. connects the agrifood innovation community across the Asia Pacific and around the world. We do this by providing a digital platform and a premier agrifood tech event where farmers share their experiences, startups pitch their potential, scientists showcase their discoveries, global business leaders share their insights and industry experts debate their opinions. evokeAG. provides innovative news and views from around the world that elevates the conversation and connects the agrifood innovation community, every day.